Friday, July 22, 2011

The Next Job

As you know, this internship is over at the end of July. Yesterday, however, I was offered another one. This new internship starts August 15th. I had been in contact with this fellow for two months, and he finally called and hired me without even really conducting an interview. I suppose I'd expressed my interest well enough already.

Anyways, starting the third week in August, I will be working at the Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania National Military Park. The position is Restoration and Maintenance Intern. My actual duties will be primarily controlling invasive plants through chemical and mechanical methods. There is also some GIS work, and I will be able to get certified for wildland firefighting. And it runs until mid-January.

I am excited. I think the certifications for herbicide mixing and application as well as wildland firefighting will be very useful to me in the long run. I am also excited that I will be so close to home.

2 comments:

  1. We are very excited too!! Congratulations Andy, can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hell yeah, get it boy! certifications are the bomb. it's a barrier to entry and you'll be on the right side of it.

    ReplyDelete