Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Internship




For those of you who don't already know, I'm in Oregon for an internship. The internship is through the Student Conservation Association (SCA), but the project is with the Army Corps of Engineers. I will be working at the Dalles and John Day dams monitoring avian predation of salmon. The internship runs from April 4th through till July 29th.

As you can see, I am here a bit early. Becca and I drove out over her Spring Break. We had a great time seeing new parts of the country, and now I have a few weeks to travel the Northwest before my internship starts.

My aim is to have a post for every other day. I will try to stick to that schedule, but things may slow down once my internship begins and I have work to do during the day. And they may come out faster than that in the beginning, as I have a backlog of several weeks. For now, though, thanks for reading, and check back soon for more.

Oh, and the picture is of the Columbia River Valley.

1 comment: